Sweet, Sweeter, and Sweetest-Oh My!

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:7

Since my dad is so frail and has lost so much weight over time, we try to get him to eat whenever he can. He has a sweet tooth and loves pie, cake, and cookies. Quite often, it's the one thing that will motivate my dad to eat when nothing else will.

Of course, we tried to get extra calories in by topping it with ice cream, but is it taking a toll on my dad's health? The last two lab tests have come back with high blood glucose scores. We don't want him to become diabetic on top of his other health issues.

I think one time he heard me mention my concern about this, although others tell me I shouldn't worry, because at least he's eating something. Since then, my dad hasn't been having us put the ice cream on his pie or cake the way he used to. He's a very smart man and is looking after his welfare. I am very blessed to have such a proactive role model in my life. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:7

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Educational video 7: Diabetes and the Elderly
By: EatWellNutrition via You Tube




Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog