Dad's Room

When Dad stayed with us for about a year when he first moved here, he stayed in our spare bedroom. He kept having falls and getting pneumonia two of the symptoms of his Parkinson's Disease, so the doctors said that he needed to be in a facility that could provide more medical care.

I prayed and prayed about this, because I didn't want "My Daddy" leaving me! I asked him about staying anyway, but I don't think that Dad wanted to be a burden on us, so he declined our offer. I still was so sad that he left. When he was still in town, we went to go see him almost everyday. When he moved to the Veteran's Home about an hour away, we would go see Dad once or twice a week. He was such an important part of our lives! We missed him dearly when he passed away last year.

Now, when I talk about putting something in the spare bedroom, I sometimes call it Dad's room. I vacillate between calling it that and not doing so, because it is always a reminder that the room is empty without Dad. Sometimes, my life feels empty without Dad, but Christ fills my heart with joy and gives me fond memories of my dad and the fun times we had together!

Care Giving Tips Video: Understanding Dementia Care with Teepa Snow
By: Teepa Snow, Senior Helpers National via YouTube


Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!
These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog