Where Are the Children?

Fore ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26 

When my dad first came here, I was concerned about how he would adjust to my two grandsons who come here before and after school three days a week. I figured that being 87 years old, it might be difficult for him to adjust to normal play around the house. And at first it was difficult for him.

His grandsons drew pictures for him and included him in board games. My dad taught them how to play dominoes, his favorite game. We spent many fun hours together laughing over America's Funniest Videos.

After awhile, my dad started asking where are the children? I would explain to him that they didn't come on Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Of course, the next day he'd ask me again, where are the children? I'd explain again about what days they come over.

Isn't amazing how the love of children makes such a difference in all our lives and makes the rough spots in life more bearable. We are all children of God and can do what we can to make the rough spots in life more bearable for those around us who are down and out for one reason or another. The longer my dad is here with us, the more lessons I learn about how I should be as a Christian. I am truly blessed!

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Kids, Seniors Helping Each Other Learn in Guthrie
By: KOCO 5 News via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog