We've Sprung a Leak!

1 Peter 5:10 but the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

For years, my dad had to pay for his disposable undergarments himself prior to moving here, because of incontinence. These supplies are not exactly cheap! I guess that's why he made them last as long as he possibly could.

Unfortunately, there would be times where he would spring a leak! That's a tricky one, because on almost all of the occasions, my dad wasn't aware that he had a leak. It wasn't always easy to know how to share this information with him in a discreet fashion, so he could take care of it privately. I thought he possibly had been putting the garments on backwards, so I started putting an X on the front to make it easier for him.

Fortunately, my dad was able to get these disposable garments from the VA, but old habits are hard to change. I still found that he would spring leaks on occasion. I didn't know how to get my dad to make the changes necessary. Somehow, God took this out of my hands, because after he started getting services with the home health aide, he started changing more frequently and having less leaks. I'm not sure what she said or did, but I feel very blessed that God takes care of issues I don't know how to handle. 1 Peter 5:10 but the God of all grace, who hath called us unto His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: NationalStrokeAssoc, www.stroke.org via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog