Oh Boy, A Fever!

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love.

After the big rigmarole about my dad returning to my home when he left the hospital after the severe kidney infection, I thought everything would be fine. My dad tried so hard to be supportive as I changed his catheter although he hated it. What he hated even worse was his daughter diapering him. It was a loss of privacy. He didn't mind when the home health aide did it, but he didn't want me involved in cleaning him and changing his disposable under garments. Although I didn't mind, my dad did, but he tried hard to not let it show.

 The second night, my dad was having a difficult time sleeping. I did a breathing treatment for him, but this didn't take care of it. I kept checking him every half an hour or so through the night. Around 2:30 a.m. he seemed hot to me, so I took his temperature and it was 102.8. I called the hospital and told them that we were coming back in, because they told me on discharge that a temperature could be a sign of further infection.

They kept him for a couple of days, but this time I had to be more accepting of his needing to go to a skilled nursing facility, because unfortunately I couldn't provide the level of medical care he needed. I had read the medicare.gov reports and comments on the two facilities in our town and decided to check them both out. I saw more positive interaction between the staff and the patients in the skilled nursing facility housed in the nursing home than I did the other facility.

After making all the arrangements for Dad to go there for 10-14 days, I tried to help him with his paper work, because he kept falling asleep while they gave him an overview of all the many pages he was supposed to sign. Although my dad was going to be staying in a different place, I still feel really blessed to have him here as long as God allows. John 15:9 As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love. 

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog