Dad's Remembered Even on Valentine's Day!

A foolish son is a grief to his father, and bitterness to her that bare him. Proverbs 17:25

It was so good for me to see that Dad wasn't forgotten on Valentine's Day. There were hand made cards from school kids, cards from unknown adults, and little treats strewn about his room. It's such a delight having Dad at the State Veteran's Home in a community that is so veteran oriented. People come and drop by cards, gifts, or stop by to say, "Hi," at almost every Hallmark related holiday.

What a wonderful thing for both my dad and for me! It makes my dad feel loved and cared for. It doesn't matter one bit to my dad that he doesn't know these people laden with cards and gifts. It brings joy to his life and gives him other people to interact with.

It brings joy to my heart, because it's sometimes difficult being an hour away from my dad and only getting to see him twice a week. At least I know, when there's a holiday when I can't be there, my dad is still getting some special attention. What a blessing!

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Video: Physical Therapy Exercises for Seniors: Safe Bed Transfer Training for Caregivers
By: Dr. Steve Sudell, 24Hr HomeCare via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog