Dad Loves Bingo!

Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well please unto the Lord. Colossians 3:20

Some of the times when we go to the Veteran's Home to see Dad, we time it right to take him to go play Bingo. You never saw so many retired and disabled people get so into an activity. My dad has Macular Degeneration, so he quite often needs someone to keep an eye out to make sure he doesn't miss any tabs to pull closed or to make sure he doesn't close any he shouldn't have.

There is this one man there that gets angry every time he doesn't win and lets everyone in the room know how disappointed he is. He's famous for saying, "I never win!" The regular players tend to remind him of that when he does win!

There was a short period of time, when my dad let that negative guy rub off on him and my dad started complaining that he never wins. I hated to see him take on that guy's negative attitude. Then, my dad wasn't complaining any more. I'm not really sure what happened, but am pleased that he doesn't let the negative comments of one spoil his game. He loves playing Bingo! I think it's an empowering game for him to play with his peers. 

I think that my dad's not letting the negative guy rub off on him makes my dad a role model. We all have times that we want to complain about things, but life is much better when we don't. I am so blessed to have this extra time with my dad.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


Caregiving Video: C.O.A. Bingo Volunteer Retirement
By: Larry Gianetti, Thaddeus Stephanak via You Tube




Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog