Flip Side-Bed & Bathroom Plan 4

A foolish son is a grief to his father, And bitterness to her who bore him. Proverbs 17:25 NKJV 

Plan 3 worked pretty well for awhile, but my arms got so sore of supporting my weight hobbling on the walker to and from the bathroom, because of my broken heel, that it was starting to become rather painful. I was prayerful about a way to adapt this plan.

The newest plan went like this. When I needed to use the the restroom, I would pull out the pillows from the reclining chair that had been propping up my broken heel. Once the footrest was down, I would reach forward to pull the walker to me. Then, I would push up on both arms of the chair, to stand and hold the walker. I would hobble across the frontroom carpet and start turning small quarter turns to back up to the locked transport chair waiting a few feet behind the walker. I would do small quarter turns to back up to the locked transport chair. I would hold onto the armrests to ease myself into the transport chair. After unlocking the wheels, I would scoot backwards over the remaining carpet and onto the tile until just past the bathroom door.

Next, I would pull the other walker out of the bathroom. Once the transport chair wheels were locked, I pushed on both armrests two grab the bathroom walker. I would then hobble sideways through the small bathroom door. When I would get near the toilet, I would use small quarter turns to back up to the toilet. I would hold onto the sink and the shower table to ease onto the toilet.

When I was finished, I would do everything in reverse. I would hobble to the door and go sideways on the walker into the hall where my locked transport chair was waiting. It was facing forward, since I originally scooted it down the hall backward. When I held onto the armrests to ease myself into the transport chair, I unlocked the wheels and pushed the walker back into the bathroom for the next trip there. I proceeded to scoot down the hall and pulled on the corner into the frontroom to help me up onto the carpet. Then, I pulled on another chair to help me manoeuvre around it. I locked the transport chair behind the walker and pushed up onto the handrails to hold onto the walker. I used the walker the few remaining feet and started doing small quarter turns until I backed into the reclining chair. I pushed the walker out of the way and pushed up the footrest of the reclining chair and started propping pillows for my broken heel.

You may wonder why I used a walker, since it was causing pain in my arms. Well, I have to use a walker to get out of the reclining chair and into the transport chair, since I'm not able to walk on my broken heel, yet. Also, I have to use a walker to get through the narrow bathroom doorway. Overall, this newest plan cut down my walker use by 2/3, which was just enough change to allow my arms to heal and regain their strength. I am so blessed that Christ gives me these ideas to make the changes needed.

Since these are examples of  I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: abeveridge89 via Youtube

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog