Then, We Got the Call...

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13

My husband and I had gone to a local children's nature museum with the grandkids and their parents while my son stayed and visited with my dad. After the museum we went to a cafe that we like that's not too far from our home.

Then, we got the call.... My dad was talking jibberish (incoherent speech) and my grown son didn't know what to do. I immediately came home. At first, my dad seemed like he was somewhat better, but then he was saying things that didn't make any sense again.  I sent a text to his nurse, and I decided that I should get him to the hospital to make sure that he wasn't having a stroke.

They did all kinds of tests and while we were waiting for the results, I realized that it's all in God's hands. Fortunately, my dad had told me that he believed that Jesus was his Savior, so I felt comfortable that he'd go to heaven should God decide it was my dad's time to join him.

As it turns out, he wasn't having a stroke and the jibberish was related to his overall health issues aggravated because his body was compromised due to being dehydrated. I feel blessed to have my dad with us for longer, but it is reassuring that whenever God calls my dad, I can take solace in him having eternal life with Christ. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: wandersque via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog