Hold Your Horses and Slow Down!

James 1: 19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

When my dad first moved here, he would try to engage me in games like dominoes while I was trying to do the dishes, laundry, prepare dinner, etc. At first, I was frustrated, because I wasn't sure how I was going to accomplish all my daily routines if I stopped several times in the middle of the day to play games with my dad, although I enjoyed the time with him.

One of the days while we were playing dominoes, my dad told me that I needed to slow down, that I rushed all the time from one thing to another and that it is stressful to both me and my body. The more I was prayerful about what my dad said, the more I realized he was right.

I tried to stop more frequently to play dominoes and cards with him. Now, that he's had several spells, he rarely plays dominoes any more, something I really long for. I feel blessed to have all these memories of the time we had together as he taught his great-grandkids and me how to play dominoes.  James 1: 19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiver Help: Creating Feel-Good Moments When Dealing With Memory Loss and Dementia
By: Nancy Adcox via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog