The Guy Thing!

John 15: 12 This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down His life for His friends.

Of course, this is talking about Jesus who was persecuted, died, and arose for us. It just made me think of how my dad and my husband are becoming friends. Not maybe on the same level as his friends that he used to work with, but on a different level.

They will be watching what I call "guy shows" and I find it a good time to go to bed earlier than usual. This allows both of them to bond and to have male company. I've found that at times that one or the other of them intended to go to bed earlier, they would stay up later to be a companion watching these "guy shows" together. What a wonderful thing!

God has not only blessed me by getting to have this extra time with my dad, but He is allowing both my dad and my husband to bond in the process. John 15: 12 This is My commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down His life for His friends.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: oddfellows via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog