For the Love of Money

1 Timothy 6: 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Shortly after my dad came, we had hired a home health aide to help my dad with his exercises to help regain his strength in his legs. She seemed nice, but I overheard her talking to my dad at the end of one of her sessions.

She was telling him about her financial situation and how her utility bills were so high. The more I was prayerful about this, along with other things discussed in a post called Vain Babblings, I became aware that she wasn't going to be a good fit for my dad. She may not have meant any thing by this conversation, but it is not appropriate for her to be telling my dad about her bills, etc. I've read too many things about people who play on the generosity of those who depend on their care.

I'm not a very assertive person and would have found it easier to ignore the situation rather than deal with it. Being prayerful about how to handle this, God led my conversation with her in a direction where she helped me understand the process of getting a Medicare referral for home health services.

Not only did the conversation go well, but the vast majority of the medical professionals we've had through the Medicare system have simply been outstanding! I'm glad that God took care of these issues even when I was reluctant to act on them. 1 Timothy 6: 10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Home-Care in Coeur d'Alene-Find an Agency that Will Find the Right Caregiver
By: Augusthh.com via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog