Remember When

I have shewed you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed to give than to receiveActs 20: 35

When my dad first moved here, I was amazed at how clear his mind was for someone his age. Of course, he had a few minor senior moments, but nothing major. After a few spells, his doctor thinks they are TIAs, (minor strokes), his memory isn't as good as it once was.

When the doctors asks him which year it is, more often than not, they don't get the answer they were looking for. It's not that bad, but yesterday after an afternoon of medical tests, I mentioned them to my dad and he couldn't remember getting the tests. Maybe it's because he was over tired, but it's concerning.

I don't want my dad to lose his memory. I want to hold on to that part of my dad, and don't want it to slip through my fingers, as if I could really stop it. I have to remember that my dad is in God's very capable hands and will get my dad and us through whatever happens in the future. I just want to appreciate all this time I have with him while he does remember most things. I am truly blessed to have this time with my dad. I have shewed you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed to give than to receiveActs 20: 35

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Stroke: the REALITY, Part 2: How Can I Reduce My Risk for Stroke?
By: NationalStrokeAssoc, www.stroke.org, via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog