Outta Sight!

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

This is an interesting verse when you think of it. Of course, it is talking about our faith in Christ as our Savior, although I was applying it in a more literal way. This is about being Outta Sight!

I was thinking how it has to be difficult for my dad, who has Macular Degeneration, to know where to sit, because he has fallen or slid onto the floor more times than I'd like to remember. After being independent for so many years, it's difficult for him to trust the advice of others as they try to guide him into a safe sitting position.

It made me think about how I, at times, find it difficult to listen to the advice that Jesus gives us through the Bible and trust that He's going to take care of everything. My prideful nature interferes and I try it my own way only to regret not having listened to the instincts that God had given me on an issue. I have learned so many invaluable lessons through my dad's being here with us which help me with my daily Faith Walk.                                  2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Sunshine Seniors Cataracts, Macular Degeneration and Glaucoma 
By: Dr. Phillips, www.lifetimevisioncare.net, STPETETV via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog