Walking in the Spirit

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Galatians 5:25 

This Bible verse reminds me of walking with my dad. He had been in the house too long. We were fortunate enough that someone from his Korean War Veteran's Group donated a nice used wheelchair to him. I decided to take him out for walks in the Spring.

Unfortunately, there are lots of cracks in the sidewalk because of the settling clay which made it difficult to maneuver around. After several treks in the neighborhood, my ribs were sore from pushing the wheelchair around  and over these cracks. I thought I could tough my way through and tried that for awhile. Eventually, I had to realize my limitations and had to stop pushing him in the wheelchair while my ribs healed.

On the other hand, it makes me think about how I stubbornly try to maneuver around the cracks that Satan puts in my life. There are many times where I think I'll be fine and can tough my way through those cracks, but end up the worse for wear. Eventually I learn that when I turn my life over into God's very capable hands, He gets me through rather painlessly. I am blessed by the lessons I learn with my dad living with us.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Area Students Experience Life Through the Eyes of the Disabled
By: WAJACTV Johnstown, 6 News via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog