Just a Pleasant Sunday

Galatians 3:26 Fore ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Someone from the skilled nursing facility had called me to discuss ways to get my dad more involved in activities in the nursing home. During the conversation, she mentioned that there was going to be some type of entertainment on Sunday at 2 p.m. My husband and I talked about it and decided that we were going to try to go and take Dad with us.

We got there and rolled Dad into the cafeteria area to listen to this person who gave their Sunday afternoon to sing for us. He sang hymns, country songs, old favorites, etc. He had recorded background music that played when he sang. 

It's difficult for me, at times, because my dad lived with us every day for almost a year. My house seems so empty without him. He came all this way to spend time with us and I don't want to leave him in some facility all alone. It was such a pleasant, relaxing Sunday together with the three of us sitting and enjoying the music. Galatians 3:26 Fore ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Video: Childhood Obesity in Ireland-Prof Clodagh O'Gorman, Chair of Pediatrics, UL
by: Professor Clodagh O'Gorman, UniversityofLimerick via You Tube




Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog