Trying to Fit it All In

Ephesians 1: 6 To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.

I tried to go to see my dad at the skilled nursing facility each day, but it wasn't always easy between taking and picking up grandkids. Sometimes, I could go during the day if they both were in school and sometimes, I went in the evenings.

I think it helped my dad, because he had a person in the next room that would yell out each day for someone to get his tray or that he was dying. Additionally, there was a lady down the hall that would moan throughout the day and evening. I thought she might be in terrible pain, but saw her quite a few times after that and she didn't seem to be in pain. Additionally, someone had taken her under their wing and would dress her up nicely and do her hair for her.

Then, I got sick. I had a virus where I had no energy to get up for days. My husband tried to go visit my dad as much as he could, but I felt badly that I couldn't get in to see him. It wouldn't have been good for him either, because I wouldn't want him to get that terrible virus. After I got over it, I just didn't have the stamina for all the running around that I had earlier, although I continued to do it. It is by the grace of God that I made it through all of that.  Ephesians 1: 6 To the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog