A Nice Problem

Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. Colossians 3: 20

When we went to see Dad at the Veteran's Home last evening, he said that he needed new pants. His previous ones had gotten too small. Now, of all the problems I've had in my life, this may have been one of the best!

Less than a year ago, we had the opposite problem. My dad had gotten down to 128 pounds. I thought we were going to lose him for sure, because he continued to keep losing weight. The more he lost, the more feeble he got, so they started feeding him ground and pureed food. He was even more reluctant to eat food like that, especially in front of his peers. We ended up signing a waiver, so that he could have regular food, but they would had cut thicker foods for him.

What a miracle God's done through this. My dad has steadily gained his weight back to a normal weight. About two months ago, I had a request to get him medium sweat pants, because the smalls were getting too tight. Last night, the request for for large sweat pants, because the mediums were too tight. What' wonderful news. My dad still weighs less than he did most of his adult life, but it's a good healthy weight and he's looking good and feeling good. It's especially significant, because my dad had a doctor in the hospital about six months ago that wanted to put him on Hospice Care. Fortunately for my dad, God gave me the instincts that Dad didn't need Hospice Care. He wasn't in any pain and has gotten increasingly better over time. I have been truly blessed by having this extra time with my dad. Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. Colossians 3: 20

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Tim Bartos, Baptist Health, Liz Bishop, CBS 6 News via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog