Flip Side-Bed &Bathroom Plan 2

Chasten your son while there is hope, and do not set your heart on his destruction. Proverbs 19:18 NKJV

I became a caregivee after breaking my heel and not being able to walk for 90 days. This gave me a different perspective after overseeing my dad's care for the last three years.

It is vitally important that a plan is in place to allow the caregivee to use the bathroom successfully. The first plan had some flaws, so after prayerful consideration, I tried Plan 2.

When the urge would strike, I would get out of bed and use the walker to hobble over the carpet to the doorway. My husband would put the transport chair at the bedroom doorway before bedtime and lock down the wheels, so it wouldn't slip when I got into it. I would do little quarter turns in the walker until I could feel my transport chair against the back of my legs and then sit down in it. 

After releasing the wheels, I would scoot the transport chair on the tile, down the hall with my feet. When I got to the bathroom, there was another walker that my husband placed at the doorway for me. I would pull it in into the hallway and lock down the wheels of the transport chair before pushing on the handles of the transport to stand up to the walker.

I would then hobble sideways to get through the narrow bathroom doorway. Then, when I was near the toilet, I would do small quarter turns to back up to it, then use one hand on the sink and the other on the shower bench to lower myself to the toilet.

After finishing, I would do everything in reverse, pushing up to the walker, then hobbling sideways into the hall to back into my transport chair.

After releasing the wheels, I would scoot backwards down the hall and turn the transport chair forward in front of the bedroom across from mine. I would lock down the wheels when I was in front of the walker I had left in the bedroom doorway. 

After pushing up on the transport chair handrests, I was able to take hold of the walker, hobble to the bed, and do little quarter turns before backing up to the bed to lie down. 

This seems like a lot, but I felt that Christ saved me from getting dangerous blood clots, by my having to get up once every hour or so to use the restroom. Once I realized this, I wasn't so frustrated with the routine that periodically caused me to keep my blood circulated.
Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: AZMTI via Youtube

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog