Never Enough!

Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him. Proverbs 29: 20

The evening that I had gone to see Dad with my daughter and her kids, he called me. That's nothing out of the ordinary. We talk to each other every day. That is, every day his phone is charged and that he answers it. This call was a little different.

After talking for a while, most of our calls are fraught with his trying to hear me although I'm on speaker phone. He often holds his cell phone in the middle which invariably turns the volume down on his phone. Once we could hear each other, we talked about what a nice visit we had earlier in the day.

When the conversation is nearing  it's end, Dad asked if I'm on my way over. I explained that it was dark. I told him I had been there two days prior to then and had been there earlier in the day. I told him that I understood that it's not the same as when he was in the same town where I could go visit him every day and the grandkids could visit semi-regularly. I was telling him that we can't come every day, because the Veteran's Home is one hour a way, two hours round trip.  

That logic didn't satisfy Dad. Then, he said something about his not being important enough! I tried to empathize, but he was just lonely.  Explaining that he has more company than most any of the other residents on his hall and how fortunate he is, doesn't faze him. I wish I could be there for Dad all he wants me to be, but it's just not possible, but I do my best. 

In my mind, I wondered why he would be so lonely when we had visited him the same day. I think that when you are lonely, you just are. It defies all logic. We are very blessed to have this time with Dad, even when he wants us to come back after we've just been there.


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Physical Thereapy Exercises for Seniors: Core Strength Exercises at Home
By: Dr. Steve Sudell Jr., 24Hr HomeCare, via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog