Flip Side-Dishes

Even a child is known by his deed, Whether what he does is pure and right. Proverbs 20:11 NKJV

Now that I've broken my heel and can't put weight on it for 90 days, I've become the "caregivee" instead of the caregiver. Christ has blessed me with so many insights from my experience with my dad that I'm trying to apply as my husband takes care of me.

I like to do the dishes in the dishwasher. We regularly have little ones over and using the dishwasher makes me feel they are less prone to share germs that lead to illnesses. My husband, on the other hand, likes to do the dishes by hand. It's an issue that periodically surfaces when one of the kiddos is sick.

In trying to be more gracious and less of a burden, Christ has shown me that I need to feel comfortable with things getting done rather than focusing on the ideal way to do them. This idea has been a primary focus throughout my healing period, no pun intended, but it would have been good!


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Cindy, Adaptive Equipment Corner via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog