Flip-Side-An Attitude of Being Gracious

The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him. Proverbs:20:7 NKJV


Although I still oversee my dad's care while he's at the Veteran's Home, I have a new appreciation for being a caregivee, since I've broken my heel and can't walk on it for 90 days.

Having done lots of research on caregiving for this blog, I'm aware that caregivers quite often experience burn out. I tried to be prayerful about this, because my husband was immediately put into the roll of my caregiver, because I could do very little on my own.

I don't want all he does to seem unappreciated, so I've prayed for a gracious, grateful and pleasant attitude. I try to remember to thank him for all he does, but I can still see that he feels overwhelmed, at times. I guess, it would much worse for him, as my caregiver, if I had a cranky attitude and complained all the time. I have to continue to remember on a daily basis to pray for a gracious, grateful and pleasant attitude.


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Kaiser Permanente Santa Rosa via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog