The Years of My Dad's Life Have Been Many, but It Never Seems Enough!

Hear, my son, and receive my sayings, And the years of your life will be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, And when you run, you will not stumble. Take firm hold of instruction, do not let go: Keep her, for she is your life. Proverbs 4: 10-13

I was reading this passage thinking about how the years of my dad's life have been many. Instead of thinking how wonderful that is, I focused on the selfish little girl part of me who thinks it's never going to be enough!

I know Dad's weight is declining and his passing is inevitable, at some point. Although it pops into my head periodically, like grieving on the lay-away plan, it's hard for me to focus on it for long. Instead, I try to focus on how blessed I am to have had all this time with Dad!

I pray that God has me to handle things graciously when Dad does pass, because it sets the foundation of how they deal with death in the future. The control part of me might like to plan out exactly how I should act and what I should say and do. Fortunately, God is in control and I don't have to plan things out. I trust that Christ will have me react to Dad's passing in whatever way that He wants, so I don't need to be preoccupied with it-just enjoy our time together!

What You Can Do to Prevent Alzheimer's
by: Lisa Genova, TED via You Tube


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog