Christ's Peace

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

I guess I don't know how to relax and enjoy having the peace that Christ gives me. It's funny, I have read an article that tells how kids are kept so busy going from one activity to another, that they don't know how to handle not having activities. They don't know how to relax. They don't know how to handle peace.

Well, it's been easy for me to see when youth are too over involved, but I have been oblivious when it comes to me. I've been too involved in trying to deal with  the tribulation of my dad's decline and death, that I don't know to handle it when Christ provides peace. I don't know how to just trust Him, instead of me trying to make all the best decisions, which means I'm creating my own turmoil. 

Sometimes, I eat because I'm not allowing myself the peace that Christ gives and sometimes I'm really not eating often enough or regularly enough. All of this, again tell's me I'm not trusting Christ the way I should be. I'm still in the I's and Me's and figure that I am the only one who can make the right decisions, but I'm really wrong. Actually, almost every decision I have made has proven to not be the best and Christ always gave me a much better decision that benefited everyone involved more than any decisions I had made. I need to be prayerful about being willing to relax and being willing to accept the peace that Christ gives.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse/s. Debbie


Video: Caregiver Training: Sundowning/ UCLA Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Program
By: UCLA Health, Linda Ercoli Ph.D via You Tube

Remember to discuss these video tips with a physician before implementing any of these!


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog