I Was Sliding Down That Slippery Slope Without Even Caring

Deuteronomy 4: 29 But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him. If thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. 30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His Voice: 31 (For the LORD thy God is a merciful God;) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which He sware unto them.  

I had signed the paperwork for them to put my dad on Hospice, as he requested, but I couldn't help but feel guilty long after I had done so. I kept telling myself, that's what Dad wanted me to do, but it didn't feel any better. 

I started eating and eating, but it didn't matter to me, even though I knew I shouldn't be doing it. It's like I was trying to punish myself for signing the papers. I was trying to make myself miserable and I was doing a good job of it!

I had severe headaches for several days and I think it had a large part to do with all this self-imposed guilt I felt for signing the papers. Papers that I just couldn't sign without asking the nurses to ask Dad to make sure that he wanted this extra Hospice support and he told them yes. But I kept trying to punish myself and then, like a light shining through the darkness! I prayed and prayed and asked Christ to heal me, to forgive me, to give me the willingness to let Him heal me and He did!!!!! I am so very blessed!!!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie


Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse/s. Debbie


Caregiving Tips Video: One Caregiver's Collaborative Healthcare Experience
By:Philips Healthcare via You Tube

Remember to discuss these video tips with a physician before implementing any of these!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog