I Was Letting the Confusion Rule Me

1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Things had gone fairly well after Dad's death, or so I thought. I was calm as a cucumber until something with the funeral required my attention and then I'd come all unglued! That really wasn't fair to my poor husband who took up the slack for me, at those times.

I was living in this deceptive world that everything was fine. That's what I told everyone. That's what I thought, but Christ would show me that wasn't exactly how everything was! Then, came the day before the funeral. The previous days were no walk in the park, but my husband was handling most of the details. 

I had several calls one right after another from the cemetery trying to get the paperwork just right for my dad's headstone. I had someone calling me from the Hospice trying to be a support to me in my time of grief. Did I utilize their help? No! I said I was fine and tried to listen for a little while, but had to call back family members with pertinent information about the funeral taking place the next day. I think I bordered on being rude and have since written an apology, because I didn't mean to take it out on the person on the other end of the line. I called my husband in near tears, beside myself. Was there anything major that I had to do? Not really, but it sure felt like it. I'm very blessed that my husband came home from his volunteer work to help me with the constant phone calls. 

Then, there was the point where Christ allowed me to take stock of how I was masking my feelings and taking them out on other people. I hadn't been eating properly and was letting my moods get out of whack! This wasn't what Christ wanted in my life. He is not the author of confusion, but of peace! He calmed my nerves over and over again and continues to remind me to turn them over to him.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie


Caregiving Tips Video: Top 3 Signs Your Loved One with Dementia Needs Nursing Home Care
By: Careblazers: Dementia Care Heroes via You Tube

Remember to discuss these video tips with a physician before implementing any of these!


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog