It Brings It All Back...Not As Bad, Though

Matthew 10: 37 He that loveth father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for My sake shall find it.

I went to get the mail yesterday. I started slitting the backs of the envelopes to make it easier to remove the contents within all the envelopes. Well, I opened up this envelope that had some paperwork for my dad' s former house. It brought it all back...not as bad, though, but it did.

The reason that I know it did, was that I was edgy the rest of the afternoon and was a little impatient with others. I have wonderful memories of my dad, so why would I be so edgy and impatient? 

When I prayerfully contemplate this, I realize that I miss my dad dearly. I think I keep myself busy, so that I don't focus on my sense of loss as much, although I don't deliberately do that. I guess, it shows that I haven't healed as much as I had hoped. What I need to do is to turn my feelings of loss over to the hands of my Heavenly Father, because He along can take away that pain, although I have been trying to hide it.  Although I love my dad dearly, I love Christ more and need to trust Him to heal my aching heart.

Care Giving Tips Video: Do You Feel Guilty for Putting Your Loved One in a Nursing Home
By: Careblazers: Dementia Care Heroes via You Tube
Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog