The Smell with Memories Attached

1 Peter 1: 3 Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 4 to an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

My husband stopped at the gas station on the way to do some shopping. When he got out, I asked him what that smell was. We were talking about the strong smell of the gasoline, when my focus changed.

I remembered how I used to love that smell. The gasoline smell used to remind me of my dad. He used to have a gas station when I was little. He was so proud of it. My mother even made my little brother a uniform that matched my dad's work uniform. Everyday when my dad would come home from work, the house would smell of gasoline, but it was a good smell, associated with good memories. 

Later, my dad got a job hauling gasoline to local farmers and again, my dad would come home smelling like gasoline. I didn't mind the smell, because it reminded me of my dad, of his hard work and his drive to provide for his family. After a few minutes in the car today, my initial disgust for the smell of gasoline turned into the fond memories of a little girl awaiting the return of her beloved Daddy after a hard day at work! I look forward to seeing "my Daddy" again, some day in heaven!



Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog