Who Should I Talk to?

Ephesians 4: 14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, but the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

I found myself eating at times when I wasn't really hungry. When I looked at what had led to those times, I found that many of them were focused on my missing my dad, since he passed. 



I've seen on TV shows where the surviving family members will talk to their departed loved ones, as if they were still there/still could hear them. It gave me the impression that they thought that their loved one could hear them from heaven, but it's important to remember: be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine 


After being prayerful about all of this, I realized that I don't want to get caught up having conversations with my deceased Dad. That makes me turning to him in times of stress rather than turning to Christ. I realize that would make my dad a false god, because I used to food in times of stress instead of turning to Christ. Jesus showed me over a period of time that I had made food a false god through doing exactly that and I surely didn't want to do the same thing with my dad. I have to watch who I'm talking to and who ultimately listens to my every need.

Care Giving Tips Video: What is Dementia? Alzheimer's Research UK
By: Iwan Rheon, AlzheimersResearch UK via You Tube

Always Check with a Doctor before Implementing the Suggestions in a Video!

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog