Worried About Money Mongers

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18

When my dad first came here, he seemed worried that people, including me, were after his money, which was the furthest thing from our minds. My main concern was that we provide an environment that felt comfortable for my dad in his home with us away from home.

Perplexed, I didn't know how to deal with comments he would make about people being after his things and money. When you tell someone that you're not interested in their things or money, it doesn't make a major difference, because they aren't trusting at that point.

All I could do is be prayerful about this. Maybe, he experienced someone who did want his things or money. Maybe he read too many articles about relatives/others who preyed on the goodwill of seniors to get their money and belongings. I don't really know, but the fear was real to him, at the time.

The instinct I was given when I was prayerful about this is to just wait it out. My dad would eventually come to know that I have no interest in his things or money and would come to trust me. Fortunately, God always knows the Big Picture, because my dad's trust developed slow, but sure, although on a rare occasion I still hear comments of this nature. My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Caregiving Video: Nina Godiwalla on a Natural Way to Build Trusting Relationships
By: Nina Godiwalla with Capture Your Flag via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog