Ensuring a Healthy Diet

Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

It seems the major issues in the beginning were related to eating, since my dad had lost so much weight in the last few years prior to coming to live with us. The VA doctor told him to drink two bottles of Ensure each day. I think that when you know you have to do something, it can become the last thing you really want to do.

So, the more we were trying to persuade him to drink the Ensure, the less my dad wanted to drink it, despite our appeals about how he was continuing to lose weight. Being prayerful about handling this issue, so that it didn’t become a point of contention, there was an idea in my mind, which is often how God works in my life. Instead of trying to talk my dad into drinking them, I needed to just set them on the table and let them be. If I’m not trying to get him to drink them, he will more often drink one when he wasn’t even drinking any prior to that.

God’s had me realize that I have to back off of issues and allow my dad the freedom to pursue them on his own timing. Fortunately, God knows what's needed to help my dad, if I'm open to listening to the instincts God gives me. I feel so blessed to have my dad here with us. Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.
I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

Caregiving Video: Ensure Drinks-Expired Dates! (Just to know how to check the dates)
By: pinchingpennies2011 via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog