The Patience of the Patient

Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus. Romans 15:5

I just thought that this verse was appropriate because my dad, as a patient has shown great patience with all the tests he's had, especially when it would have been easy to lose his cool.

In trying to determine what has caused my dad's increasing inability to walk, he has had more tests than one can imagine. He has had MRIs, MRAs, CAT scans, EKGs, EEGs, lab work, spinal tap, xrays, and Cisternogram because of some MRI results. Poor guy, when all he really wants to do is go take a nap!

My dad's patience through these time staking and pain staking medical examinations has been commendable. He's not complained, because he knows that everyone is trying to help him regain his health and independence.

I'm not sure I would have fared as well with the multitude of tests and professionals he's had to see. Fortunately for us, my dad has Medicare. I've heard people bad mouth the Affordable Care Act, and wonder if they realize what a wonderful service Medicare provide for seniors, service they wouldn't want to be without if they were in the same situation. I'm not sure that I'm as patient with other people as my dad is. I could learn a lesson or two from him. I feel very blessed to have this time with my dad and blessed that Medicare is there to help him try live a longer, happy, healthy life. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus. Romans 15:5

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Diagnostic Imaging Services Louisiana: Preparation and Commonly Asked Questions about a MRI Exam
By: DIS GulfSouth via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog