Vain Babblings

1 Timothy 6: 20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

This is really talking about not getting caught up by those who use their many words or scientific logic to minimize what is in the Bible. It reminded me of this one home health aide we hired to stay with my dad for a few afternoons when we had to be out of town.

This lady, although nice, talked to my dad like he was a toddler. I know she was trying to be supportive, but most adults would not appreciate being talked to like a child. Additionally, this lady told my dad that her dad had decided to no longer take his medications and that my dad didn't have to take his medications if he didn't want to.

I guess my dad makes the ultimate decisions about whether he takes his medications or not, but it seemed highly unprofessional as a medical professional to suggest that, especially since he takes some heart medications. I was prayerful about these things and realized that this wasn't the best fit for my dad. Fortunately, God has blessed us with other extremely professional providers of medical help and support for my dad. I feel truly blessed to have my dad here with us. 1 Timothy 6: 20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.

Caregiving Video: Hiring a Home Health Aide-AARP Caregiving Resources
By: AARP via You Tube





Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog