Comments from the Peanut Gallery

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knowth not God; for God is love.1 John 5, 7-8

I'm sure these people meant to be helpful, but when my husband took my dad into the local senior center, some of the people we know started giving my husband all types of advice, most of it negative. They said that we should put my dad in a nursing home. They said we should, we should, we should....

I was fit to be tied when I heard all these less than supportive comments from supposed friends. I think that in their own minds, they thought they were being supportive, but it sure didn't feel that way. I think they thought that my dad's living with us was holding us back from doing more, but we didn't feel that way. We feel that God has blessed us by allowing my dad to live with us for whatever time he chooses to live with us.

Additionally, the love that God wants me to show is not only for my dad and husband, who had to bear the brunt of all those negative comments, but to love those people enough to forgive them for what they said. Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knowth not God; for God is love. 1 John 5, 7-8

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Caregiving Video: I Feel Socially Isolated: Caregiving Confessions with Leeza Gibbons
By: Leeza Gibbons with Caring.com



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog