Asking the Big Questions Regarding Faith

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15

Knowing that my dad's time with me is somewhat limited, it's really important to me, as a Christian and his daughter, to know that my dad has an active relationship with Christ. Additionally, my dad is a very private person and doesn't really like people meddling into something so personal.

I respect that, but I realized that it was extremely important for me to know. I realize that it's selfish, but I knew it would be the one thing that would comfort me when my dad is no longer with us. So, I prayerfully asked the Big Questions.

Did I get the answers I needed? Yes and no. My dad has a private relationship with God and doesn't feel that it's important to be affiliated with any organized Christian group. He does believe in God, but when I asked him about his faith in Jesus as our Savior, he vacillated. I became very aware that to continue to ask him more was counterproductive.

It was difficult for me, but I had to turn it over to God's timing. I would later get the information I needed to hear, but if I had pushed for it now, it wouldn't have ever happened. My dad recoils when he is feeling pressured and that's not what Christ would want. Christ knew the right timing and needed my dad time to come to terms with sharing his personal feelings. I feel so blessed that God allowed me dad to share this information with me. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 1 John 4:15

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Caregiving Video: Faith Outreach Community Group- Elderly Ministry and Outreach
by: faithoutreachsa via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog