Falling Once, Falling Twice, Falling Isn't Very Nice!

Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1: 24-25

Now, this passage is really talking about how God can keep us from falling away from faith in Him. It's just that I'm applying this to my dad's literally falling. My dad kept slipping out of the bed. He said that the bedspread is slick and he slides right off of it.

Being prayerful about it after the umpteenth time that he told me this, the thought was in my mind, which is often how God works in my life, to flip half of his sheets and covers back for him periodically through the day and especially before he goes to bed.

My dad just went for a long winter's nap, we call it, and he asked why the covers were thrown half way back. He sounded frustrated that I had messed up his bed that he had so painstakingly straightened earlier in the day. I just smiled and said to him, "It's just to keep you from taking that big slide all the way to the floor." He smiled and got ready to take his nap. I feel truly blessed to have my dad here with us. Now unto Him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1: 24-25

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Caregiving Video: Video Analysis Reveals How and Why the Elderly Fall
By: Stephen Robinovitch with Simon Fraser University via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog