Knocking on the Door

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20

We followed up on my dad's ER visit the other day. They had taken a CAT scan, because my dad's speech had become incoherent several times that afternoon. They said that he wasn't having a stroke and that they couldn't really tell about TIA's (mini strokes) from the CAT scan. The ER physician thought that the incoherent speech came from my dad's being dehydrated which aggrivated his Parkinsonism (health condition similar to Parkinson's, but somewhat different.)

I had been so relieved, that my dad hadn't had a stroke. Then, when I was at the doctor's office today, the doctor told me that my dad has had several TIA's and that we need to get him to a neurologist, because odds are that he's a candidate for a stroke which the neurologist might help prevent.

Ever since I made the decision to be my dad's caregiver, I have told myself that I am happy with whatever amount of time that God allows my dad' to be with me, no regrets. I want my dad to join God when He knocks, but when the doctor told me that he's a prime candidate for a stroke, the child comes out in me and says, "I'm not ready for my Daddy to go yet. Please let him stay a little longer, God."  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear My voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and sup with him, and he with Me. Revelation 3:20

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

When Your Parent Needs You: A Guide to Positive Growth When Caring for Adult Parents
By: Paraclete Press



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog