Differences of Opinions about Faith

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 

My dad hasn't been baptized and doesn't feel that he needs to do this just to appease someone else's opinion of how his faith should be. I agree with some of this, but it would make me feel much better if my dad got baptized, but he shouldn't do it just because I'd like him to.

He feels that his faith in Christ as our Savior is all that is necessary and that may be right. I've been confused on this one. Having read the Bible from cover to cover several times, most passages on salvation say that belief in Christ as our Savior is all that is necessary, but there are several that say Christians should believe and be baptized. 

I've asked several people I trust to help me with this one. Although there are differences of opinion about faith, I was generally told that faith in Christ as our Savior is mandatory in salvation and being baptized is an outward demonstration of this faith. I just have to trust that God knows my dad's heart and will take him to heaven or will provide someone who can better explain this to him before then. But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Nick Paranjape on Action News 5 via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog