The ER Doctor that Went the Extra Mile for My Dad

1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

Prior to coming to live with us, my dad had bouts of pneumonia along with his COPD. He may have gotten over it, but after a fall, he started having a rattly sound at times when he breathed and I was getting concerned about whether he was going to make it. Fortunately, it turned out that he had bronchitis.

He took the medications, but wasn't able to shake that rattly sound, which seemed to be getting worse. We ended back at the Emergency Room, but were blessed with getting a young female doctor who went the extra mile for my dad. She ran tests on him to find out what was really wrong and what wasn't. She read lots of research on the internet to make sure she was ordering the best form of treatment for my dad. She checked how different treatments would react with his current medications, which is vitally important to seniors.

This ER doctor gave my dad a breathing treatment that seemed to remedy this on-going breathing problem. He hasn't had bronchitis since then, which had been very difficult to get rid of prior to getting the breathing treatment. We are so blessed that God has put so many supportive medical professionals in my dad's life. 1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Caregiving Video: Respiratory Therapy: About Living with COPD
By: ehowhealth via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog