He Finally Said Yes, but I Blew It!

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

I realize this isn't what this passage is about, but I did connect to the portion about patience. My dad kept losing weight and wouldn't drink the nutrition drinks suggested by the doctors. A variety of in-home medical professionals suggested that I use the nutrition drink to make a milkshake for my dad. Every time I would ask him about making a milkshake, he told me no.

Finally, after periodic requests, he finally said yes, but I blew it. I figured that I could put some ground almond meal in the nutrition drink milkshake to get my dad even more nutrients. How wrong I was! 

It turned out that the almond meal was grainy on his Barrett's Throat. He stopped drinking it immediately and wouldn't let me even attempt to make another nutrition milkshake for him even though I promised I wouldn't put the almond meal in it. I realized I needed to be patient with my dad and that some food textures tended to irritate his throat. I feel so blessed to have my dad here with us for whatever time that God allows. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.


These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

#12.5 What You Can Do to Help Your Senior Eat Right Part 2: Nutrition for Seniors (5 of 6) By: Mary Alexander with Home Instead Senior Care via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog