I Thought I Could Do It All

Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that He might humble thee, and that He might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth. Deuteronomy 8:16-17

I thought I could do it all. I thought that when my dad moved in with me, that by my personal care of him, his health would get better, he would gain weight, and that the sun would shine every day. (That's my expression when I forget that God's in control and I think that I am capable of doing more than I am humanly able to.)

That's why this passage is so significant. It's is where Moses is telling the Israelites that when they go over to the Promised Land there will be a time where they will think that they have this land of milk and honey by their own efforts instead of from God who gave it to them, as well as fed them in the wilderness with manna.

I have to remember who is God and it's definitely not me, nor would I want it to be. God always sees the Big Picture and my focus is often very narrowly focused, Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that He might humble thee, and that He might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth. Deuteronomy 8:16-17

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog