What Were You Thinking?

And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death. Exodus 21:17

Thud! That sound had become all too common these days. I quickly threw my robe on and dashed down the hall. I could see the light under the bathroom door, so I knew where I needed to go.

I opened the door and saw my dad on the floor with his legs spread out. His head had hit the sink and his arm had hit the toilet. What was worse was what almost came out of my mouth when I realized that he hadn't taken his walker with him. His Physical Therapist had warned him to use it every time he walked, since he had several falls recently.

Could he have forgotten? I doubt it, because I remind him or get him his walker anytime that I see him attempt to leave without it. He wants to feel independent and hates relying on devices.

Fortunately for me, God kept me from uttering the words that would have hurt my dad terribly. I am so very blessed to have my dad in my life falls and all. Even more important than that is that I have God in my life who quiets my urge to blurt out something like the title of this blog that would have caused irreparable damage to my dad's self-esteem as an adult.  And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death. Exodus 21:17

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



 Part 6: One Legged Stand-Prevent Senior Falls: Assessment & Balance Exercises
By: Home Instead, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Caregiver Stress via You Tube





Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog