Take a Number!

Acts 16: 4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem. 5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily

It was just one of those days. My dad wanted me to play dominoes with him. My one grandson wanted me to come to see his new artwork. My younger grandson wanted me to come to the opposite side of the house to see his Lego creation. My husband wanted to tell me about something that happened and I needed to make dinner.

Whew! Everyone wanted me to address their issues and felt they needed my attention right that minute. It crosses my mind that I should have told everyone to take a number! But what would that have accomplished? I said a prayer telling God that He knows my every need and that I trust Him to provide for them. Through divine grace, God got me through this time and so many more like it.

 By relying on Christ's patience in these situations, He allows me to be more of a role model to my family than I would have been if I were running around ranting and raving that no one respects my time limitations. I want to see my family increase through faith in number which wouldn't have been as likely if I had told them to take a number when they were being so insistent. I feel very blessed to have my dad here with us and especially blessed that Christ gets me through the difficult times! Acts 16: 4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem. 5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: How to Create Time for Yourself in a Busy Woman's Schedule?
By: Mary E Knippel, coaxingcreativity.com via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog