Bump, Thud, Bang, Bang, Bang!

Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:17-18

I know that this passage isn't talking about this, but "fall from your own stedfastness" seemed to apply to my dad last night. Around 2 a.m., I heard bump, thud, bang, bang, bang! I knew my dad had fallen and needed our help. I should have woken up my husband the second I heard it, but waited until the last minute just to make sure.

 I was really proud of my dad for banging in the bathroom until I heard him. Since my dad's feeble, I'm concerned that he might not be able to call out my name, should he get hurt. I've told him that he should bang his walker into the wall, hit something with his cane, or whatever it takes to let us know he needs us. Previously, he hasn't done this, but I continue to suggest it periodically.

Last night, he really needed our help. He was lying across the toilet and over the side of the tub. His head was suspended over the middle of the bathtub and I think he was holding onto the shower bench to hold himself up. Boy was he ever shaken up! We were fortunate that he didn't have any major injuries, although he said his spine hurt some. He said it was not enough to go to the doctors. He's reluctant to tell us when it is serious enough to the doctors so I may notify his Home Health Nurse to come check him out, just in case. Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and for ever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:17-18

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Helping Seniors Get Up From Falls-Senior Care Corner Family Caregiver Video Tips
By: Senior Care Corner via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog