When You Find More Than You Were Hoping For

But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him. If thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. Deuteronomy 4:29 

I am blessed to find the Lord in so many aspects of my life, even when I find more than I was hoping for. Sometimes, my dad is unaware that he's had a bowel movement, and you get a whiff of it. It's not necessarily fun finding a surprise package, when you change him, but to my dad it is a blessing, because he gets constipated often.

When he's constipated, he doesn't want to eat, because his stomach feels full and uncomfortable. This can have a potentially negative effect on him, since he weighs so little. So, even though I'm not personally tickled with finding "pay dirt" in his disposable undergarments, I am pleased that he's not feeling bound up, inside.

I do have to admit that it's a little embarrassing when this has happened several times and he's unaware of it and the Home Health Aide was the one finding his deposit. She has handled it with grace, but I still feel badly for her. We are trying to work out a pattern where we put new disposable undergarments on before she comes, so I can better ensure she doesn't run into any surprises. I feel blessed to have my dad here with me, pay dirt included. But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him. If thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. Deuteronomy 4:29 

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: The Best Fiber for Seniors: Fresh Kitchen
By: Teresa Howes, ehowhealth via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog