A Change of Phrasing

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

After the last time when my dad fell and wouldn't let me take him to the Emergency Room, his nurse had a talk with me. In the past, my dad would tell me no when I'd ask him to go to the hospital and I couldn't get him to budge from that position.

The nurse told me that I should no longer ask him to go. I should tell my dad that we are going. He has a choice and he can go to the hospital with us or we are calling the ambulance to take him. You wouldn't think that having a different way of saying something would make such a major difference, but it did.

It empowered me to know how to deal with things in emergency situations. It freed my dad, so that he didn't feel like he had to make a major decision, something that is often difficult for those who have Parkinson's Disease, or other debilitating health issue. I've found that when my dad is faced with making decisions, his most frequent answer is no, but with this new approach simplified things for my dad. I'm so blessed that God has filled my life with the right people who help me know what to do to support my dad. Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He hath anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He hath sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Physical Therapy Video: Functional Endurance Exercises for Seniors-24Hr Home Care
By: Dr. Steve Sudell Jr., 24Hr Home Care via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog