Playing Card Games Together

Lo Children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalm 127:3

When I used to go visit my dad in his home a half continent away, he would always play a particular game of Solitaire. He took great pride in teaching me how to play and showing me strategies that he felt were beneficial in playing the game.

When I went home after these visits, I used to Play Dad's Solitaire for awhile because it reminded me so much of him. Of course, real life would set in and before you know it, I got caught up in my daily routine and the deck of cards sat on the shelf.

When my dad came to live with us, he at first played Solitaire periodically. We would take turns playing when I slowed down from daily chores and sat down with him. I really enjoyed this time together.

Before long, his Macular Degeneration started to interfere with his playing Solitaire. I got a deck that had bolder, larger markings on it and this worked for awhile. After some time, it was too difficult for him to see the markings on the cards so I started playing it and described each play I was making to him in case he couldn't see. I was so glad that we could continue to share this special time together that meant so much to me over the years. I am truly blessed! Lo Children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. Psalm 127:3


Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog