The Physical Therapist that Made a Difference!

Let no man seek his own, but every man another’s wealth. 1 Corinthians 10:24

We had a Physical Therapist that worked with my dad, but put forth minimal effort and released my dad from further services. She had determined that he had Parkinson's Disease and just needed to see a Neurologist. 

When my dad was re-evaluated for further Physical Therapy support, I asked them if we could have another therapist. I had been prayerful about this prior to the re-evaluation. Actually, asking this was a very difficult thing for me to do. I might not have done that for myself, but I asked because it was for my dad's well-being.

Fortunately, a wonderful Physical Therapist was assigned to him. One that helped my dad get stronger, helped develop his self-esteem, and supported him with feedback and moral support throughout the time my dad was tested for Parkinson's. 

It turned out that my dad didn't have Parkinson's Disease or he would have responded by walking normally when given Sinemet or the generic. Instead, my dad has a Parkinsonism which is somewhat similar to Parkinson's, but is somewhat different in some ways which varies per person. 

The new Physical Therapist found that the generic Sinemet did help my dad some, just not as dramatically as those who have Parkinson's Disease. It allowed my dad to lift his feet about a half an inch or so off the floor instead of shuffling straight on the floor. It might not seem like such a major difference, but it helped him with his balance and made him less of a fall risk.  We feel very blessed that God put this new Physical Therapist into my dad's life. He has gone on now, to open a business of his own. We wish him well, because he made an amazing difference in the quality of my dad's life! Let no man seek his own, but every man another’s wealth. 1 Corinthians 10:24

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.



Caregiving Video: Preventing Elderly Falls-Tips from Physical Therapy
By: Bob Schrupp, physicaltherapyvideo via You Tube


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog