Grumble Gripe

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6

It seems that my dad gets frustrated more easily these days than he used to. At first, I respond by telling him that I don't like him talking to me that way, but then God gives me more insight. It's got to be difficult to go from spending the majority of your life as an independent adult and now need help.

It's got to be difficult losing your eye sight, your ability to walk, some of your memory, and have people ask you if you've had a BM lately or need a laxative? It's understandable that my dad would be frustrated or angry on occasion, it's just difficult to hear it aimed at me.

I think that I feel I put so much effort into to trying to keep him healthy, maintain his self-respect, etc. that I feel crushed when his frustration is focused at me. After telling him that I don't like him talking to me that way, I've gone back and apologized, explaining that it's normal that he gets frustrated at times, but I just don't like him directing it at me. I feel very blessed because my dad doesn't gets angry often, although some do. For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of His mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.


Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog