He Didn't Want Me to Miss Out on the Special Treat

In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6.

We were headed to visit my son and his family. We had missed my husband's favorite fried pie exit, but I needed to use the rest room.  We stopped at a bathroom in a nearby town and found that they had an A & W inside the gas station.

Since we don't see A & W's very often, my dad decided to get a root beer float and my husband got a root beer freeze. They enjoyed these immensely as we drove the rest of the way to my son's house.

On the way home, they wanted stop at A & W again. This time, my dad bought me a float, because he didn't want me to miss out on the special treat. After eating about a third of this, I wondered what I was doing. I knew I had Hypoglycemia and that ice cream often makes me cranky when the effects of the sugar wear off. At first, I thought I'd just have to drink the whole thing, because I didn't want to offend my dad. Part of me didn't mind this in the least, because it tasted really good!

I prayed asking God how I could get rid of the root beer float without hurting my dad's feelings. The thought that was in my mind, which is often how God works in my life, was to see if my dad wanted to drink the rest of mine and he did! It surprised me, because he still had most of his own float left, but God knew the Big Picture and that my dad would take it off of my hands. I was so relieved, because I wanted to avoid being cranky later.In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6.

Since these are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my experience, they may not reflect the whole meaning of the verse.

I'm including You Tube Video clips on caregiving that I found interesting, inspirational, or might be helpful to others, but am not responsible for the content in the videos. Always check first with a physician before trying any suggestions mentioned.
By: Dr. Nick Reiser, Concordia Lutheran Ministries via You Tube



Relate2TheBible Podcast

Christ's Grace Abounds

Share the Joy Blog